Freedom Express & Tahoe

Freedom Express & Tahoe

Saturday, February 22, 2014

A DAY TRIP WITH A NEW FRIEND

Feb. 20  Mulberry, FL.     70 degrees

I spent the day with friend, Louise, who I met at the boon docking rally last week. We hit it off great and seem to have a lot of the same interests. She has a really cool Nexus Viper motorhome (Miss Kitty) which she ordered made for her. Since she enjoys felting, spinning yarn, knitting and many other crafts, Miss Kitty was specially designed to help her accomplish this.



We took a trip to Centre Hill, Fl. to a little place where they sell outdoor fabrics such as RV grass mats, sunscreens, wind shield covers, etc. Beasley Mfg. Inc. is a great place with friendly, helpful staff. You can purchase ready made screens or 
fabric off the roll and do it yourself fabric at a 
great savings. Of course, I'm the do-it-yourselfer and save money type so I got grass mat fabric, awning screening and material for some bags.  Now I have some projects for next week while I'm waiting for my new battery and generator to arrive.

Then on to Ikea where I have never been before. 
When I saw some of the space saving things Louise had in her RV, she told me they came from Ikea. I wanted to check them out myself. The added bonus is she says these things stay hanging in your RV when traveling and you never have to move them. Sounds good to me. Lunch at Ikea was good and very reasonably priced. Here are 
some of the things I found that will make my life in my RV easier.



Then we took a little walk around Winter Park, in and out a couple of the specialty stores. A few purchases later, we called it a successful day.

On the way home, we decided to stop at Cracker barrel for dinner. Not surprisingly, we both ordered the pecan catfish dinner special and it was gooooood. Even though we were told there was a 30 minute wait time, we were seated in less than 15.  I am never disappointed with the food here and the service was great.  Also it's nice they have parking here for RVs and lunch specials that are very inexpensive.

Enough for now. All my RV & blogger friends, stay safe. And love to all my family & friends in PA. Stay warm.

No comments: