Freedom Express & Tahoe

Freedom Express & Tahoe

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

ON THE ROAD TO WARMER WEATHER.

I finally made it out of PA and am now sitting in my Freedom Express in Mulberry, FL. 

I left PA on Sunday just before a major snowstorm dropped 8 + inches of snow and single digit temperatures. I could not be happier to have escaped that cold weather. 

Since this was my 1st solo driving experience in an RV, I took my time. I did the trip in 3 1/2 days, stopping after 7-8 hours each day on the road. I stayed at campgrounds with pull thru sites & electric. Since my RV was still winterized, I did not have water hookup but instead used bathrooms/showers at campgrounds until I was south of the border. Then is put fresh water in my holding tank so I could use bathroom at night. Worked great for me. I had no problem pulling into gas stations - just took my time and made wide turns in & out. There are so many stations just off the exits, it is easy to make one stop, gas up, use the bathroom and get food & drink if wanted. 

I arrived today (Wednesday) at my brothers home in Mulberry, Fl.  I will stay here for 3 - 4 weeks. I have numerous jobs on his To-do list and some things I want to check into while I'm here. I need a new phone (my contract with Sprint is up on Feb 1). Verizon seems to be a better option when traveling especially out west. If anyone has a better idea, please let me know.  Also want to look into back up camera & other mirrors for my car. 

When we packed up RV, we basically put stuff in quickly so I could leave before the storm. Now I want to evaluate & reorganize where everything is for ease of use. These chores should give me enough to stay busy for a few weeks. Now I can kick back, relax and enjoy the sunshine. Even though FL is having a cold spell also, it's not as cold as PA and NO SNOW!!!!!!

Here is a picture of my set up.






That's all for now, folks. Stay safe and warm (to those in PA). 



No comments: